Welcome to the Scottish Lifesciences Association
With 125 member companies and organisations, we are the voice of Scotland’s vibrant life sciences industries to investors, NHSScotland, the Scottish and UK Governments, and the wider community. We are driven by and network with our members through 13 Special Interest Groups and 3 sub-groups. We help each other to grow members’ businesses, and we engage with the NHS and Government to grow the life sciences sector in Scotland.
We deliver on every aspect of members’ businesses. Many collaborate with NHS experts through the Health Innovation Partnership, and have raised new investment over the past 2 years. We help them with NHS technology assessment, and our members manufacture everything from devices and drugs to digital health systems, exporting products and expertise across the world. Scotland has all you need to take your ideas from conception to global sales, and we are key to achieving that.
- Advocacy to Scottish Government of life sciences as a key sector
- Driving progress through our 13 Special Interest Groups - Finance, Regulatory & Quality, Business Development, Directors Forum, Diagnostics & MedTech, Medicines, Digital Health, HR, Precision Medicine, Innovation, Cell Therapy and Manufacturing, WISDOM (Women in Science Development and Mentoring).
- Partnership events to debate and influence key issues with government bodies and other stakeholders.
- Flagship events: SLA Biannual Members' Meetings
- Access through SLA Investment Tutorial Programme to expert advice on business start up, financing and investment, growth, merger & acquisition, and exit strategies.
- Access to best practice advice and information sharing between members.
- Informal networking events around Scotland to encourage business to business interaction.
- Flow of information and commentary on life sciences industry news
- Contact with UK Government and regulators on UK life sciences issues
To access the password protected Members' Area click here
If you need a password reminder please click here