Released: Monday 25th July 2011
The SLA is mounting the first Scottish Life Sciences Engagement Week this autumn, from 19 – 27 October.
One objective of the Engagement Week is to strengthen engagement between Scotland’s life sciences sector and our politicians, which we believe is very important. The Week will comprise:-
· A programme of company visits for MSPs, MPs and MEPs over the period 19 – 21 October to brief them on the importance of life sciences to the Scottish economy, and on some of the companies which comprise the sector;
· A number of local and national media features planned to highlight the life sciences sector throughout the Week, including the programme of company visits;
· An event in London for Scottish MPs;
· An SLA Annual Members Meeting on the afternoon of 27 October at the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh to give members an opportunity to meet each other, and debate issues with the SLA Board;
· A Dinner held at the same Edinburgh venue on the evening of 27 October to celebrate the success of the SLA and the sector.